All Things Irish With Peter Grandich
St. Patrick’s Day may have come and gone, but all things Irish for the Grandich’s and their friends continue. We’re happy to be major supporters of these upcoming events
- April 23rd – Irish Film Festival – A celebration of the Irish and Irish American experience through film, music and art.
Claddagh na nGael is hosting The Irish Film Festival
Sunday, April 23rd, 2017
Middletown Arts Center
36 Church St, Middletown, NJ
(At the NJ Transit Middletown train station)
Doors open 10:30am, show time 11am, closing time 6:15pm
$10 entrance fee
The festival will open with “Making It” a hilarious comedy by Eamonn Norris. Family man, Mike McMahon loses his job and quickly finds himself in financial difficulty. He decides to enter a filmmaking competition to win a big cash prize. With little talent and large ambitions, his efforts soon land him in hot water with both sides of the law and the whole thing is a massive disaster with shootouts, car chases and plenty of County Kerry characters. Mr Norris is actually flying in from his home in Ireland to open up the festival, speak and handle some Q&A’s.
Two other films will be featured; a documentary on “Brendan Behan – The Roaring Boy” acclaimed actor Adrian Dunbar takes an in depth look at the life and times of the great playwright and poet, AND… “The Flag” another hilarious film about Harry Hambridge (Pat Shortt) a down on his luck builder finds out his father raised the flag at the GPO in the 1916 rising. The Flag now hangs in a British Army Barracks. He makes up his mind to get it.
There will also be music provided by Chris Byrne (Black47 fame) and his band The Lost Tribe of Donegal and Irish artist Patrick Gallagher will be showcasing his fine artwork.
In addition there will be 5 documentaries screened along with 17 short films that will run in a 105min loop all day.
Food, Music, Film, Art, Education all wrapped up in one day under one roof…. The Craic will be mighty !!
For more information and the schedule of events go to www.IrishFilmFest.org
- May 13th – Central Jersey Irish Festival – Music, Food, Drink, Entertainers, Vendors and so much more.
- May 20th – Spring Lake’s Irish Festival with special guest celebrity appearance by Irish boxer/actor John Duddy
- May 21st – PG Company and The Irish Centre, along with The Greater Spring lake Chamber of Commerce, hosts a Sunday afternoon Irish tea and biscuits social, with the showing of the movie “Brooklyn” (Complete details very soon)
- Mary and I have joined the Irish American Cultural Institute chapter here on the Jersey Shore. Its goal is to preserve, interpret and promote Irish and Irish American Cultures. Meetings and gatherings throughout the year.