- When the next financial crisis takes hold, the “pundits” will be blaming the 21st century “Hals” ), but trust me, the single biggest factor in “hindsight”, will be the Federal Reserve. How dumb is the Fed?
- And the FED will say “we tried to warn you”. Sadly, Yellen is adrift in a series of flip-flops.
- “central bankers are always wrong – especially before a bust.”
- Momentum traders – the musical chair players of the 21st century
- The “Disneyland” economy doesn’t have a fairytale ending.
- Having gone against the “this time it’s different” crowd in 1987, 2000 and 2008, once again I find the media is full of stories why this time, it’s truly different – NOT!
- Where did the baby-boomers go wrong?
- I think even the Sopranos would be afraid of the Clinton’s.
- Al Gore – never has someone been so wrong and became so rich, by being so.
- My two stock holdings:
Nevsun Resources – A new CEO and hints of better days ahead, has brought some stability to the share price. We’ll get a much better view in a few weeks when the company holds 2nd quarter results conference call. I’ve suggested to some friends if I was the new CEO, I take all the hits I could in the 2nd quarter, so his first full quarter on his own (3rd quarter,) has all the traction possible. I still struggle with a “poor-performing” (IMHO) Chief Development Officer (who owns less than 10,000 shares based on last known filing) still working at NSU, but at least the old CEO is gone; and with that, much of the dividend fiasco hopefully gone with him.
Teranga Gold – The CEO had issued an optimistic outlook in a short, but sweet shareholder letter a few weeks ago. Teranga management is to be near my office in early August, speaking at a major institutional mining conference. The plan is they will stop in to see me afterward. Stay tuned.