Trump “Bump” soon to turn to major “Dump”
- I don’t spend any real time on social media discussing politics, and I limit it here to how I view it impacting finances, but I don’t believe in my lifetime (61 years), has a political party stumbled and fumble a golden opportunity more than the Republicans have. Hard to believe, but they have blown a bigger opportunity than the Atlanta Falcons had in the Super Bowl last year. The political paralysis will only get worse and no matter how it may seem at the moment, it will greatly impact our financial markets going forward.
- Now well into my fourth decade in and around the financial arena, I still see major media publications embarrass themselves with cover page reports that prove to be at the ultimate worst times. Most recently, the Economist has done it yet again over the U.S. Dollar.
- A few years back when I was still publishing “The Grandich Letter”, I wrote a piece on how Amazon was going to eat much of the retail industry’s lunch, and so many areas of retail would go out of business or be greatly reduced.
It has taken place. If I had taken my own advice and bought Amazon shares, I’d be typing this comment from one of my islands in the South Pacific. But I didn’t.
- If you wish to stick with large general equity exposure going forward and find much of it in U.S. based equities, here’s some food for thought.
- Again I note why I left the market timing racket – please read here
- The ultimate 800lb Gorilla remains the “third rail of politics” – the coming entitlement crisis. Social Security is just part of the tidal wave nearing America’s shore.