Just about 38 years ago, my life changed for the better when I met Mary Troy; born and raised just outside of Birr, County Offaly Ireland. I would marry her there on Easter Monday, 1981 and begin a love affair with her and all things Irish that only grows stronger with each year passing.
Hitting 60, brought my mortality front and center. Not wanting to waste another breath, I have dedicated whatever time the good Lord has left for me on Earth, doing something Irish whenever possible.
With that in mind, here are some upcoming events you’re welcome to join us at:
- Meet Irish boxing great “Gentleman” Gerry Cooney on Sunday, March 12th, at the Irish Centre in Spring Lake, NJ from 2:30PM to 4:00PM
- Eat, drink and be merry with one of the greatest Irish music groups of all-time, “The Wolf Tones”, Monday, March 13th at 7:00PM at the “Reef & Barrel” in Manasquan, NJ (There’s a ticket charge).
- Join members of the Greater Spring Lake Chamber Commerce at their “Irish Social” on Wednesday, March 15th at The Spring Lake Manor in Spring Lake Hts., NJ at 6:00PM. Call the Chamber for details
- My Irish Lass and I are sponsors of the “St. Paddy Race Pace” on Saturday, March 18th at Freehold Raceway.
- Spring Lake’s Annual Irish Festival on Saturday, May 20th. I’m delighted to have one of the most beloved Irish boxer’s, John Duddy, as our special guest at the festival.
So, with God’s Grace, I begin my “I Love Irish to Death” tour tomorrow, listening to our favorite Jersey Shore Irish band, The Bantry Boys (sorry, it’s at a private club).