No Debating This
Hillary is in the lead-lol
- I’ve noted my personal near total avoidance of any matters related to the election and have all but stopped watching TV news (I remain a Drudge addict). In a few weeks, about 50%+ of Americans will wake up to having a President-Elect who they absolutely despise. Let’s not forget that I began this year by stating America has entered its worst ever social, political and economic period. Two are abundantly clear – social and politically. Economically will become clear too sooner than most think.
- During my lifetime, America has gone from the world’s largest “creditor” nation to the world’s largest “debtor” nation. To appreciate how had it really is, 35% of all Americans have debt that is at least 180 days past due – but hey, just sing along with the “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” crowd on Wall Street.
- Where will all the money go when the bubbles pop?
- Death, taxes and the end of the EU as we know it ,are my three guarantees in life.
- Hey fellow New Jersians, we came second (nothing to cheer about).
- While not a drop of Irish in me, by marrying a born and raised Irish lass (in Ireland), and being there numerous times, it would be hard to find someone more fond of things Irish than yours truly.
I was surprised that what was once my #1 favorite movie of all-time, “The Quiet Man”, was only #2 on this list of the “Top Ten Irish Movies of All-Time” list. “The Quiet Man” has fallen to #2 on my personal list and my #1 isn’t even on this list due mostly to the fact it came out only last year – “Brooklyn”.
Near the top of my personal bucket list is to visit the places in Ireland where “Brooklyn” was filmed. if you all want to chip in and get me a great surprise gift, my wife and I would love to just meet actress Saoirse Ronan, who plays young Irish immigrant, Eilis Lace, in the movie. There are many similarities to her story in the movie and my wife and I in real life.
Wedding days – Brooklyn movie and Birr, County Offaly, Ireland 4/20/81