Below is a self-assessment we give to prospective clients. Congrats to all those who score 10 or higher. For those who don’t, we welcome an opportunity to see if we can help you (email us at email@example.com)
- I have emergency funds equal to 6 months income.
- I save 15% or more of my gross income on an annual basis
- I have eliminated all consumer debt
- I have adequate property and casualty insurance
- I am comfortable with the current amount of taxes I am paying
- My estate plan is current and documented for both state and federal tax efficiency
- My life insurance and disability is for full replacement value of my income
- I have adequate retirement savings to provide a guaranteed secure retirement income
- I have a written investment policy statement that is aligned with my objectives and risk tolerance.
- My current investment allocations are based upon the efficient frontier philosophy and methodology
- I know the amount of internal and external fees in my investment holdings
- I am happy with my overall investment performance and returns
12 out of 12 = Excellent! Stay the course
11 out of 12 = Very good! Update where needed
10 out of 12 = Good. Time for a review and update
9 out of 12 (or less) Consider engaging another financial adviser and/or method on matters of finance.