- I have emergency funds equal to 6 months income.
- I save 15% or more of my gross income on an annual basis
- I have eliminated all consumer debt
- I have adequate property and casualty insurance
- I am comfortable with the current amount of taxes I am paying
- My estate plan is current and documented for both state and federal tax efficiency
- My life insurance and disability is for full replacement value of my income
- I have adequate retirement savings to provide a guaranteed secure retirement income
- I have a written investment policy statement that is aligned with my objectives and risk tolerance.
- My current investment allocations are based upon the efficient frontier philosophy and methodology
- I know the amount of internal and external fees in my investment holdings
- I am happy with my overall investment performance and returns
12 out of 12 = Excellent! Stay the course
11 out of 12 = Very good! Update where needed
10 out of 12 = Good. Time for a review and update
9 out of 12 (or less) Consider another person and/or method on matters of finance.